Dog’s jaw ‘glued together’ by ‘cement-like’ mixture after she chewed parcel

News

A dog’s jaws were glued together by adhesive on a parcel.

Scottish terrier Roxi was left needing emergency surgery to unlock her mouth on Sunday after she chewed up a package.

The glue from the parcel bound with her saliva to form a “cement-like” mixture, the Daily Record reported.

Photos of the dog show her teeth stuck together with pieces of dissolved cardboard fusing the top and lower teeth together.

Another image shows the terrier trying to stick her tongue out with a bit of soggy cardboard visible near the top of her mouth.

Vets treating Roxi managed to sedate the distressed pooch before releasing the sticky substance.

Now the they are warning of the dangers of pets accidentally gluing themselves ahead of the large number of online deliveries expected around Christmas.

“Little Roxi decided to help her owners open a parcel that had come through the door but soon found herself in a sticky situation,” Vets Now, who treated the dog, wrote on Facebook.

“The adhesive from the chewed cardboard packaging glued Roxi’s teeth together leaving her unable to open her mouth and in great distress.

“Her owners tried desperately to help her, but were unable to as the cardboard had formed a cement-like mixture.

“They rushed her straight to our Kirkcaldy clinic where she had to be sedated in order to remove the solid cardboard that had fused her upper and lower teeth together.

“Let your humans do the parcel opening from now on, Roxi.

“Will you be doing a lot of Christmas shopping online this year? If so, make sure that deliveries are kept out of paws’ reach.”

Sharon Galloway, thought to be Roxi’s owner, posted: “Thank you so much.

“She won’t be doing this any more.”